Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does Old Republic Risk Management offer any bundled claims services?

A: No, we do not offer bundled claims services. Our insureds believe an unbundled third-party administrator (TPA) relationship, or self-administration, offer the best platform to control their insurance costs.

Q: What TPAs do we permit?

A: We permit the use of many TPAs in our business and we are generally recognized as one of the most flexible companies to work with, especially amongst the TPA community. While we do not publish a list of approved or disapproved TPAs, each proposed TPA is individually evaluated before policy inception.

Q: What is the minimum insured retention that we require?

A: We have no minimum thresholds of retentions on our large deductibles, self-insured retentions or captive retentions. We review every risk individually, then determine the retention that best fits the risk appetite of the insured and applies risk transfer above the working layer of losses.

Q: Do we require collateral for the insured’s deductible obligations? If so, what forms of collateral do we consider?

A: Yes, we require collateral. Letters of Credit are most common followed by trusts. Each insurance program is individually tailored to best fit the insured’s insurance needs, credit profile and resulting collateral requirement.

Q: Do we only underwrite fronted liability policies?

A: No. As the large account underwriting division of Old Republic Insurance Company, we offer risk transfer programs where our insureds participate in the risk by taking a large deductible, self-insured retention or captive retention for the working layer loss.

Q: Do we underwrite excess workers’ compensation policies?

A: Yes, we offer excess workers’ compensation policies in conjunction with other lines of coverage; however, we do not offer mono-line excess workers’ compensation policies.

Q: On what insurance company paper do we issue our policies?

A: Most of our policies are issued by Old Republic Insurance Company paper, with an A+ rating by AM Best, which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Old Republic International Corporation. We also have non-admitted paper available.

Q: How long does it typically take to get an insured’s policy issued?

A: We are highly focused on service and strive to issue all renewal policies within 30 to 60 days from inception, as long as all of the information that is needed to issue the policies is received in a timely manner.

Q: Are we able to underwrite admitted policies in Canada?

A: Yes, such policies are issued by our sister company, Old Republic Insurance Company of Canada, which issues primary casualty policies on locally admitted paper in conjunction with our US policies for insureds who need Canadian coverage.

Q: Which industries do we specialize in?

A: We write across all industries and have a strong focus on companies that are financially secure.

Every great partnership starts with a conversation.

Contact Us