Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does Old Republic Risk Management (ORRM) offer any bundled claims services?

A: No, we do not offer bundled claims services. Our insureds believe an unbundled Third Party Administrator (TPA) relationship, or self-administration, offer the best platform to control their insurance costs.

Q: What TPA’s does ORRM permit?

A: ORRM allows the use of many TPA’s in our business and is generally regarded as one of the most flexible companies to deal with, especially amongst the TPA community. While we do not publish a list of approved or disapproved TPAs, each proposed TPA is individually evaluated before policy inception.

Q: What is the minimum insured retention that ORRM requires?

A: We have no minimum thresholds of retentions on our large deductibles, self-insured retentions, or captive retentions. We review every risk individually and determine the retention that best fits the risk appetite of the insured and applies risk transfer above the working layer of losses.

Q: Does ORRM require collateral for the insured’s deductible obligations? If so, what forms of collateral does ORRM consider?

A: Yes, we do require collateral. Letters of Credit are most common followed by Trusts. Each insurance program is individually tailored to best fit the insured’s insurance needs, its credit profile, and resulting collateral requirement.

Q: Does ORRM only underwrite fronted liability policies?

A: No. As the large account underwriting division of Old Republic Insurance Company, we offer risk transfer programs where our insureds participate in the risk by taking a large deductible, self-insured retention, or captive retention for the working layer loss.

Q: Will ORRM underwrite Excess Workers’ Compensation Policies?

A: Yes. We can offer Excess Workers’ Compensation policies in conjunction with other lines of coverage; however we do not offer mono-line Excess Workers’ Compensation policies.

Q: What insurance company paper does ORRM issue their policies?

A: The policies are issued by Old Republic Insurance Company paper, with an A+ rating by A.M. Best Company, which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Old Republic International Corporation.

Q: How long does it typically take to get an insured’s policy issued?

A: We are highly focused on service and strive to issue all renewal policies within 30 to 60 days from inception, as long as all of the information that is needed to issue the policies is received in a timely manner.

Q: Is ORRM able to underwrite admitted policies in Canada?

A: Yes, such policies are issued by our sister company, Old Republic Insurance Company of Canada, which issues primary casualty policies on locally admitted paper in conjunction with U.S. policies for insureds who need Canadian coverage.

Every great partnership starts with a conversation.

Contact Us